Looking to sponsor an Amarok internet service plugin

Leo Franchi lfranchi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 13:24:48 CET 2009

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 12:48 PM, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org>wrote:

> 2009/3/22 Alex Merry <kde at randomguy3.me.uk>:
> > On Sunday 22 March 2009 10:36:25 Nikolaj Hald Nielsen wrote:
> >> I am going to forward this reply to our closed Amarok developer
> >> mailing list and then we will have a discussion about potential ways
> >> that we can move forwards with this. Please let me know if there you
> >> have any questions or comments to what I have written above.
> >
> > Just a note about the term "closed developer list" - this list has a
> public
> > archive and anyone is free to join it (as far as I am aware), and so you
> > should not discuss anything commercially sensitive on it.
>
> This is exactly my thought too, and I already told Nikolaj this on IRC:
>
> Please do not discuss financial details in public, and especially not
> things that have not been officially decided on yet. Such details
> should really be discussed in private only.
>
> If in doubt, the Amarok board (or rather "advisory council") should
> also be involved before settling on (or discussing) financial
> agreements.

agreed, financial details should be kept private. but i dont see why this is
the wrong place to talk about potential partnerships in general terms (if
all the parties are OK with it). clearly the details and stuff will be
handled appropriately off-list.

leo

Leo Franchi
7016 Wandering Oak          lfranchi at kde.org
Austin                        leonardo.franchi at tufts.edu
            cell: (650) 704 3680
TX, USA                              home: (650) 329 0125