removing qtscriptgenerator from SVN

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 00:28:11 CET 2009

2009/3/19 Alex Merry <kde at randomguy3.me.uk>:
> On Thursday 19 March 2009 14:22:22 Ian Monroe wrote:
>> So after a thread on amarok@, I'm thinking of going ahead and removing
>> qtscriptgenerator from SVN and making it an external dependency 100%.
>> One nice thing is that if you already have the script generator
>> installed from Amarok and you haven't make cleaned, Amarok will just
>> use that so you don't have to do anything.
>>
>> But I wanted to make sure I wouldn't be disrupting any developers
>> before doing so.
>
> I've tried and failed to make an Archlinux package for it.  Are there any
> instructions for building it (it seems quite a labour-intensive build
> process), or some build scripts for another distro that I can use?
>
> Alex

Yes:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=qtscriptgenerator&project=home%3Aeean
Though you probably need a Novell login, so here's the main patch:
# --- qtscriptgenerator-src-0.1.0/qtbindings/qtbindings.pro.with
2009-03-10 14:51:15.000000000 -0500
# +++ qtscriptgenerator-src-0.1.0/qtbindings/qtbindings.pro
2009-03-10 15:02:57.000000000 -0500
# @@ -6,8 +6,8 @@ SUBDIRS = qtscript_core \
#       qtscript_sql \
#       qtscript_svg \
#       qtscript_xml \
# -     qtscript_phonon \
# -     qtscript_webkit \
# -     qtscript_xmlpatterns \
# +#    qtscript_phonon \
# +#    qtscript_webkit \
# +#    qtscript_xmlpatterns \
#       qtscript_uitools \
#       qs_eval

The Script Generator uses QT defines to decide to generate or not. I
might try to fix this, its rather annoying.

Copy the resulting .so's into the Qt plugin scripts directory. The
rest of the instructions are in the README.

Ian