Enrico Ros proposing a SoC project for improving the GUI

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 10:18:36 CET 2009

> Frankly, you might be underestimating Enrico's powers a bit :)

Quite possible as I have no idea who he is. On the other hand, I
generally judge people on what they actually do and not on what they
might or could do.

> I'm known for brutal, relentless, barbaric honesty, and I will call a
> crappy coder exactly that, into his face. On the other hand, I will
> also call a wizard a wizard, which is exactly what Enrico is. He and
> Nuno Pinheiro could be a possible "dream team" for improving the GUI
> looks.

Sure, which would be really cool. But doing this as a GSoC project is
super risky because it requires that Nuno is available during this
time. Also, I simply don't think 3 months is anywhere near enough for
this work. IF we want the new look done right, it also requires the
participation of the entire team. It is _not_ something that should
happen in isolation.

> Rejecting him would be utter madness. Was that brutal enough? :)

1. I never said anything about rejecting him.
2. There is currently no proposal to reject.

- Nikolaj