Enrico Ros proposing a SoC project for improving the GUI

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Tue Mar 17 20:33:43 CET 2009

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 8:41 AM, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
> So Enrico contacted me with the following proposal (I hope he does not
> mind quoting him here):
>
> <quote Enrico>
> Hello Markey, dunno if you remember me, I did some paches to amarok ages ago
> ;-) Well, for this Summer of Code I'm willing to offer for implementing a good
> looking GUI for amarok 2. Not that the current one isn't good, and it's really
> getting in shape, but I'm talking about using OpenGL by default where
> available, having 3d analyzers softly behind the playlist, etc (and of course
> the new GUI will be optional). Of course the playlist and other QGraphicsView
> based classes will be shared.
>
> I think I could take this (I'm sure you're aware about those):
> http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/Amarok2+Look+and+Feel?content=93854
> http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/A+Media+Player+for+KDE4?content=94472
> as a starting point.
>
> What do you think about that?
> <end quote Enrico>

Hey Enrico,

I assume that you have by now read our discussion about your ideas
here on this list. Could you please comment on them, and decide if you
would like to make an official SoC proposal?

While there still is bit time left until the deadline, it would be
better to discuss this earlier, so that we could reach a conclusion
about this without hurrying.

Thanks, Mark.

--
Mark Kretschmann