request for modified icon for OS X

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 21:29:24 CET 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 12:33 AM, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
> Ok, I can agree with that. But how about this proposal:
>
> First we could try to use this new icon on all platforms, but if it
> turns out looking inadequate, we could still go for separate ones. So
> far I have only seen mockups of the icon the OSX panel, and I find it
> hard to imagine how it might look on Linux or Windows.

I imagine that it probably doesn't scale down as well as the current
icon and on Linux people are generally going to see the smaller icon.
The solution for this is pretty obvious, have a different icon for
larger icons then smaller ones.

But yea I'm basically in favor of trying out whatever new icon we use
on all platforms.

Ian