request for modified icon for OS X

Orville Bennett illogical1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 15:56:12 CET 2009

On Mar 16, 2009, at 4:28 AM, Magnus Bergmark wrote:

> I didn't like the CD version, especially since it seems so dated to
> use CDs.
The dated CD part was the only problem i had with the icon which could
surely be improved.

> I don't even associate CDs with music and sometimes have to be
> reminded that CDs started out like that.
And as Jeff pointed out, conceptually this isn't in line with what
amarok is actually capable of doing. I wouldn't have a problem
overlooking that though :-)

> I also thought it lacked contrast. No offense!
>
> I absolutely adore the beams and moon versions, though. Since people
> loved the offset so much, how about showing us how it would look
> like with an offset on the moon version? Since the beams originate
> from the wolf's head, an offset might not be all that fitting on
> that one.
I didn't like the beams version at all and the moon would require a
lighter (grey-palette wise) and more photorealistic look to fit in. I
would think it would be simpler for an artist to improve the visuals
of the CD (more gloss!).