request for modified icon for OS X

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Mon Mar 16 06:33:01 CET 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 6:16 AM, Seb Ruiz <ruiz at kde.org> wrote:
> 2009/3/16 Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org>:

>>> +1
>>
>> Just one thing:
>>
>> Had we not kinda decided to go with the same icon for all platforms,
>> or has this idea now been abandoned?
>
> I don't think there's a problem with multiple icons, as long as they
> are along the same vein. This happens anyway when artists create their
> own icon themes (think Nuvola etc back in the kde3 day).
>
> The advantage is that we look like we are actively targeting OSX by
> creating an icon which fit in with the native theme and feel. Mac
> users are a very difficult bunch to please.

Ok, I can agree with that. But how about this proposal:

First we could try to use this new icon on all platforms, but if it
turns out looking inadequate, we could still go for separate ones. So
far I have only seen mockups of the icon the OSX panel, and I find it
hard to imagine how it might look on Linux or Windows.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer