request for modified icon for OS X

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Mon Mar 16 06:16:27 CET 2009

2009/3/16 Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org>:
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 5:23 AM, Jeff Mitchell <mitchell at kde.org> wrote:
>> Leo Franchi wrote:
>>> I love the last one. Seriously. Can we please go with that one? I
>>> can't really describe why, I just feel it *really* fits in to the
>>> other OS X app icons.
>>>
>>> Lee---awesome!
>>
>> +1
>
> Just one thing:
>
> Had we not kinda decided to go with the same icon for all platforms,
> or has this idea now been abandoned?

I don't think there's a problem with multiple icons, as long as they
are along the same vein. This happens anyway when artists create their
own icon themes (think Nuvola etc back in the kde3 day).

The advantage is that we look like we are actively targeting OSX by
creating an icon which fit in with the native theme and feel. Mac
users are a very difficult bunch to please.

> --
> Mark Kretschmann
> Amarok Developer
> www.kde.org - amarok.kde.org