GSoC improvements

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 19:03:04 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:53 AM, Jeff Mitchell <mitchell at kde.org> wrote:

> Ian Monroe wrote:
>> Basically here you're talking about using git-svn. Trying to share
>> git-svn repos is such a hassle (impossible in my experience, unless
>> you're OK with having a completely separate clone for each developer,
>> essentially not using it as a DVCS), I really wouldn't wish that on
>> our poor students.
>
> Please read the rest of the email.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

Heh ok, my comments stands though. Git-svn is fine for keep tracking
of local changes, and what you've done with your repo is just used it
as a way to publish your local changes (so no real advantage over just
taring it up and uploading, outside of convenience). But trying to use
it as a DVCS requires the backflips you described and I don't think
its worth the possible trouble.

Ian