GSoC improvements

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Wed Mar 4 01:25:20 CET 2009

Heya folks,

I have been thinking about what we can improve this year wrt to the
code that gets written during GSoC. As last year was the first year we
had a lot of newcomers as students I think there are some things we
can improve this year on the coding side.
One big problem last year was that some students commited huge chunks
of code that only very few people or even no-one reviewed post commit.
So I guess we should make it very very clear that we want to see
smaller commits on a more regular basis.
Is there anything else that could be useful? What is your opinion on a
more formal code review pre or post commit?
Also for the former students: Is there anything on the coding side we
could have done that you think would have helped you?

Let's make GSoC 2009 rock at least as much as last year's!

Cheers
Lydia

--
Lydia Pintscher