2.1.0 release plan proposal

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 14:32:32 CET 2009

I just sent the mail announcing that trunk is now in feature freeze. I
have been thinking a bit on how to proceed from here, and this is my
proposal on when to release 2.1.0.

I propose going into string freeze on April 1st, and releasing 2.1.0
on the 1st of May. This gives us 2 months to focus on stability, and
bug fixing. My main concern is that this might not be enough time, but
like we did with 2.0.1, I also propose that we do not start working on
2.2 in trunk until after 2.1.1 is tagged. This will give us at least
one highly focused bug fix release after 2.1.0.

I also propose that we do another 2.0.x release in a month or so, with
any bug fixes that can be safely and easily backported. If we are
lucky this might make it out in time for Kubuntu 9.04.

Comments, flames, counter proposals?

- Nikolaj