Google SoC History

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Wed Jun 24 20:10:26 CEST 2009

On Jun 24, 2009, at 1:57 PM, Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Some of you may know this alrady, but I have taken over coordination
> for the
> OpenUsability Season of Usability. It is very similar to the Google
> SoC except
> we do usability work.
>
> I am interested in finding ways the SoU can retain more of our
> student interns.
> And so I am looking at KDE's involvement in the Google SoC. There
> have been a
> ton of Amarok projects for the Google SoC, so I thought I would
> start with
> you.

OK, I filled it in to the best of my knowledge for the past Amarok
students. Guys, feel free to correct if i'm wrong but i think it's
mostly OK.

In any case, Celeste, I think the research you're doing is very
interesting and also very relevant to our future SoC work :) I would
be very interested to hear any results that you uncover.

cheers,
leo