extragear/multimedia/amarok/src/collection/sqlcollection

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Tue Jun 23 02:23:12 CEST 2009

2009/6/23 Jeff Mitchell <mitchell at kde.org>:
> Seb Ruiz wrote:
>> 2009/6/22 Jeff Mitchell <mitchell at kde.org>:
>>> SVN commit 985235 by mitchell:
>>>
>>> Clean images table when doing a full scan.  As far as I can tell this is an oversight, and not on purpose.
>>
>> Yep, it is an oversight. Regardless, we need to fix the lack of
>> "retention of image properties" for albums in our database. If I set
>> custom artwork or unset automatically scanned art, then these changes
>> will be lost when rescanning.
>
> Actually, that's not true.  (I know because I just tried this earlier
> today.)
>
> When you set images, either through downloading via Amazon or when you
> set custom covers, the image is cached in the amarok user dir.  It's
> done via a hash of the file/album/something; as a result, even if you
> delete all items from the db and rescan, the covers are just fine.  (The
> database in this sense ends up acting as a cache; if the database
> doesn't have an entry, it could still be found via the hash if you
> persisted in looking for it, which you probably won't if it's not in the
> DB.)

Okay, technically this is true as I added this functionality as a
workaround to the problem which I mentioned. However, viewing the full
size cover of an album which is set via "set custom cover" will fail
as the full image path location doesn't exist in the database.

--
Seb Ruiz

http://www.sebruiz.net/
http://amarok.kde.org/