Organize files dialog: Dangerous, it *really* kills your kittens!

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 14:09:40 CEST 2009

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 6:02 PM, Alejandro
Wainzinger<aikawarazuni at gmail.com> wrote:
> As I understood it, CollectionLocation will check if the Collection is
> writable before allowing copy, move to, or remove from a collection.
> That said, if it is writable I don't see why it's too dangerous to
> appear.  I surely don't mind and actually like having tracks deleted
> from iPod if I'm just moving them to my laptop.

Well that logic is completely broken. Its easy to imagine how a
collection could be writable, but some files end up not being written.
Filename character encoding problems, hard disk is full etc.

Its horribly dangerous, and its not theoretical of course, users have
lost music.

Ian