someone going to gcds, please help!

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Mon Jun 22 00:34:49 CEST 2009

2009/6/21 Peter Zhou <peterzhoulei at gmail.com>:
> Hey,
>
> I am in Italy and my laptop bag was stolen on the train from Milan to
> Florence. I was so upset that I don't have the backup and lost quite a
> lot of photos, source codes, notes... And I got N810 lost too. I am in
> a panic.
>
> I cannot afford to go to the conference without a laptop. I am
> thinking of if someone going to gcds could bring me a new one with a
> price not higher than the price in Hong Kong. That is:
>
> Macbook Pro
> 15-inch: 2.53GHz
> Intel Core 2 Duo
> 4GB Memory
> 250GB hard drive1
> SD card slot
> Built-in 7-hour battery2
> NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics
>
> with lower than 9500 euros(student price).
>
> I can get it paid online and ask them to ship it to you(if someone can help).
>
> Thanks so much.

Hi Peter,
Sorry to hear about the theft. Hopefully you have travel insurance and
you can get it all back (in time). Unfortunately I can't help you
since Macbooks are even more expensive in Australia.

However, I'd like to emphasise that having a laptop at akademy isn't
critical. I won't be taking one this year, and last year it was a
waste of space, weight and hassle (it did barely work).

--
Seb Ruiz

http://www.sebruiz.net/
http://amarok.kde.org/