ChangeLog: Please use past tense

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sun Jun 21 14:42:29 CEST 2009

Hi all,

as has been discussed in a previous thread on this list, we shouldn't
mix different tenses in the ChangeLog file. The most logical tense to
use is past tense, which correctly indicates that something has
already been done, as opposed to present tense, which looks like a
TODO. Present tense is only suitable if it describes a state ("Foo
works now").

GOOD:
* Fixed a crash with playlist saving. (BR 12345)
* Playlist saving now works correctly. (BR 12345)

BAD:
* Fix crash with playlist saving. (BR 12345)

Does everyone agree with this?

PS: With commit messages we don't need to be so anal, there it's ok to
write "fix foo".

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer