someone going to gcds, please help!

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 22:57:53 CEST 2009

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 2:47 PM, Peter Zhou<peterzhoulei at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, that could possibly be a solution. The only thing i am worrying
> about is if the netbook is sufficient enough for the hackthon.
> And btw, is eepc expensive in italy or spain as the mac price was ridiculous?

Its probably just as expensive most places in Europe, its probably the
VAT. That adds up to 20%. I remember when I got a receipt in Spain
that printed the VAT I was pretty shocked, I'm used to the 6-8% sales
tax we have here in the states. (I'm also used to the constant
insecurity of pisspoor health care, so there ya go).

If the netbook is horrible at hacking (which I wouldn't expect,
especially with SSD and the huge icecream nets at akademy), in that
worst case you can just use it as a dumb terminal. Just ask someone to
give you an account on their computer. (I couldn't on mine due to NDA
stuff, but probably not that hard to find someone).

I think the netbook sounds like a good idea. I wish I had one.

Ian