extragear/multimedia/amarok/src/collection/sqlcollection

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Tue Jun 9 17:47:44 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Jeff Mitchell <mitchell at kde.org> wrote:
> Mark Kretschmann wrote:
>> Ok, now that Jeff's new code is checked in, we're having side effects:
>> Amarok is crashing on exit after aborting a scan.
>
> I tested this situation, and didn't experience it.  If you can let me
> know exactly how to reproduce it, it will help.

First of all aborting doesn't actually work, because of incompatible
method signature:

amarok:     BEGIN: ProgressBar* ProgressBar::setAbortSlot(QObject*, const char*)
amarok:        Setting abort slot for  "Scanning music"
amarok:        connecting to  1abort()
Object::connect: No such slot ScanManager::abort()
amarok:     END__: ProgressBar* ProgressBar::setAbortSlot(QObject*,
const char*) - Took 0.00015s

So it continues to scan anyway. If you then try to quit, this happens:

amarok:   BEGIN: virtual CollectionManager::~CollectionManager()
amarok:     BEGIN: virtual MySqlEmbeddedCollection::~MySqlEmbeddedCollection()
amarok:     END__: virtual
MySqlEmbeddedCollection::~MySqlEmbeddedCollection() - Took 0.00014s
amarok:     BEGIN: virtual ScanManager::~ScanManager()
amarok:       BEGIN: void ScanManager::stopParser()
amarok:       END__: void ScanManager::stopParser() - Took 3.8e-05s
amarok:     END__: virtual ScanManager::~ScanManager() - Took 0.00015s
amarok:     BEGIN: virtual XmlParseJob::~XmlParseJob()
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 27 and type 'Read', disabling...
KCrash: Application 'amarok' crashing...

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer