[GSoC Status Report] Week of Sunday 7 June

Alejandro Wainzinger aikawarazuni at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 11:08:33 CEST 2009

Hi all, sorry for the lack of status updates.  Media device
development has been on hiatus for a few weeks since I'm in final
exams week and all projects are due.  That said, this is what's done
so far:

- good amount of refactoring media device code (~75%)
- porting Ipod code to the new refactor as it's written (it's the test
driver for the new stuff)
- early pre-alpha branch of the new code on Jeff's Amarok git repository

So as I mentioned in a blog entry some weeks ago, code bloat is down,
documentation is up, and things are shaping up well.  My final exams
are over this Thursday and then I can do some more work on the
refactoring, with some interruption as I'm flying to Spain on Monday,
after which I'll at last be in the same timezone as many of the Amarok
developers =) .  The project will pick up the pace starting this next
week.