2.1 feedback - labels

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Fri Jun 5 01:51:49 CEST 2009

Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> Heya folks :)
>
> feedback so far rocks! WIN! \o/

Share it!  Links?

> The other thing we really finally should get done is external MySQL.
> Anyone up for that?

Yes.  I plan on working on that.

I'm hoping to hear some feedback from the Maria guys soon, though.  It
seemed like they had a plan to work with packagers to get maria (with a
specific package for libmariad) into distributions sooner rather than
later.  If Maria support is ubiquitous in distros in X months when we
plan on releasing 2.2, it might be a good switch (because we'll have
their direct support, plus the crash-proof capabilities, plus they
should fix the -fPIC crap better than the hacky patches the distros are
using).

--Jeff