2.1 feedback - labels

Magnus Bergmark magnus.bergmark at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 15:26:31 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:

> What I am surprised by is the number of people saying "Yes Amarok 2.1
> rocks but I can't switch until label support is back including import
> from Amarok 1". It seems people have spent a _huge_ amount of time on
> labeling their music collection in Amarok 1. It's time to think about
> bringing labels back. Is anyone interested in working on this for 2.2?

I'm still sad that my labels are missing since I used them very much, and my
dad refuses to upgrade before labels are implemented since he spent a
loooong time labelling everything and most of his dynamic/smart playlists
depend on them. It's stuff like "label:Wife-Safe rating:>4" and similar he
is using, and I use it to mark live recordings so I can exclude them from
everything (since I hate them :-).

Anecdotal, I know, but I know people are using this feature and depend on
them. In facts, labelling tracks was the reason I started using Amarok.

Do anyone have any information about what is needed to implement this again?
Is there some code to share between all the NEPOMUK tagging code that could
ease this up a bit?

--
Magnus Bergmark - magnus DOT bergmark AT gmail DOT com
GPG/PGP: 0x7BE84794DB6AA648