Odp: Equalizer support in Amarok

Artur Szymiec artur.szymiec at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 17:58:06 CEST 2009

>You would make me (and a lot of other people)
> extraordinarily happy if you made a graphical equalizer patch
> available for Amarok 2.

Well,

thanks for positive opinion.
I know that a lot of people suffer from Amarok 2 equalizer support is
missing - including
myself in first place. I'll start development as soon as other active
developers agree.

What we can do at this moment is make an equalizer support for xine backend.
Currently added be me equalizer effect in phonon for xine backend is in trunk
now. Don't know when the next release of phonon will go out.
Anyway patch can be prepared now - and if the required effect is not
present in phonon user
version simply equalizer will stay disabled.Then if somebody want
equalizer now it's
enough to get latest phonon from cvs - otherwise have to wait until
next release.

This is my proposal for now. If equalizer support will be required for
other platforms (Mac?)
and required effect will be added to phonon for that platform/backend
we can support them
too.

Artur