where do they collections declare that they are queryable?

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 15:01:10 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 3:52 AM, Maximilian
Kossick<maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Except that this code is not bitrotted but does what it is supposed to
> do. CollectionManager stores the status of all collections (as defiend
> by a call to setCollectionStatus) in amarokrc. It does not store the
> integer value of the enum, but instead writes and reads the name of
> the enum value. That's where all the metaobject magic comes in.
>
> As far as I know setCollectionStatus is currently not used

^^^ that's the definition of bitrot.

You say it stores the status of all collections in amarokrc, actually
it never does. So slotNewCollection's call to amarokrc is just
confusing. The metaobject magic is actually the straightforward part
of slowNewCollection.

It also doesn't make sense that a user would decide if a collection
was queryable or not at such a fundamental level, when some
collections are just not queryable and a user couldn't change that.

>, as we do
> not provide a GUI for the user. The idea behind is that e.g. a user
> could decide to use ampache or magnatune tracks for dynamic playlists
> or that they should be shown in the collection browser (a unified
> collection browser; both the service tab and the collection browser
> tab use the same view). Therefore all collections use the default
> status, which is either automatically set in slotNewCollection (e.g.
> for SqlCollection or media devices) or passed in as argument to
> addUnmanagedCollection.

you could understand how its not intuitive that a collection manager
would have unmanaged collections. :)

Ian