Visualizations GSoC status update, week NN

Martin T. Sandsmark sandsmark at samfundet.no
Mon Jul 27 11:14:20 CEST 2009

Hi!

Another status update (this time in tune and on time).

Since last update, I've gotten the audiodataoutput in Phonon::Gstreamer to
work like it should, except that it is badly out of sync. I've also attempted
to get Phonon::Xine::AudioDataOutput to sync the audio data it sends out, and
even though I'm a lousy judge of whether things are in sync or not, I think
it's better.

I also have an idea on how to get the Gstreamer backend to sync the audio data
(using a sync element). I'm just not completely sure where to insert it, and
how.

I've also uploaded a patch to reviewboard, which turned out to be lacking some
files, so I'm struggling with formatting a proper patch. ReviewBoard doesn't
handle “git diff”-style patches, it seems, so I'm a bit stuck there. Any hints
or ideas on how to fix it are very welcome.

--
martin t. sandsmark