Amarok blogs and Amarok agregator

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Wed Jul 22 20:58:36 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 8:31 PM, Lydia Pintscher<lydia at kde.org> wrote:
> Heya,
>

> Ok since this came up on IRC now again and has been annoying me for
> quite some time and no-one seem to really understand the whole issue
> here is the short version:
> -> we currently have a s9y blog at amarok.kde.org/blog
>   - some people write their blogs there and others get copied from
> external sources like my blog
>   - this sucks a lot for two reasons:
>      * no backlink to the original blog so comments get posted here
> and there without actually talking to each other
>      * whenever I edit an entry in my blog s9y decides that it is a
> good idea to post that entry again
>      * for some reason s9y is not capable of dealing with blogger -
> Bart's and Alejandro's blog get reposted in bulks often flooding the
> frontpage - I have no idea why that happens
>   - a lot of people are subscribed there - we don't want to loose them
>   - the theme looks horrible
> -> we have a planet-like agregator at amarok.kde.org/en/PlanetAmarok
> that handles all the above cases correctly and is much more flexible
> and easier to maintain
>
> My proposal:
> - make the s9y blog read-only in two weeks from now
> - migrate everyone blogging there to some other blog software like
> wordpress or blogger or whatever they wish to use
> - post a last entry saying that the blog moved to
> amarok.kde.org/en/PlanetAmarok and tell people to update their feed
> readers
> - redirect the s9y feed address to the new one if somehow possible via .htaccess
>
> This way we would get rid of the honestly very unprofessional looking
> s9y problem.
>

> Cheers
> Lydia

Or a slightly difference to accommodate those blogging from serendipity:
keep s9y for authoring but just redirect a.k.o/blog/feed.rss to
/planet/feed.rss (other wherever those feeds live).
Meanwhile remove all external aggregated feed from s9y. They need to
pass via the aggregation module so they end up on /planet.

> PS: I am still looking for someone to get me a db dump for the forum.

And please admins, help Nightrose out. It's for our forum.

Bart