Amarok blogs and Amarok agregator

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Wed Jul 22 20:31:02 CEST 2009

Heya,

Ok since this came up on IRC now again and has been annoying me for
quite some time and no-one seem to really understand the whole issue
here is the short version:
-> we currently have a s9y blog at amarok.kde.org/blog
   - some people write their blogs there and others get copied from
external sources like my blog
   - this sucks a lot for two reasons:
      * no backlink to the original blog so comments get posted here
and there without actually talking to each other
      * whenever I edit an entry in my blog s9y decides that it is a
good idea to post that entry again
      * for some reason s9y is not capable of dealing with blogger -
Bart's and Alejandro's blog get reposted in bulks often flooding the
frontpage - I have no idea why that happens
   - a lot of people are subscribed there - we don't want to loose them
   - the theme looks horrible
-> we have a planet-like agregator at amarok.kde.org/en/PlanetAmarok
that handles all the above cases correctly and is much more flexible
and easier to maintain

My proposal:
- make the s9y blog read-only in two weeks from now
- migrate everyone blogging there to some other blog software like
wordpress or blogger or whatever they wish to use
- post a last entry saying that the blog moved to
amarok.kde.org/en/PlanetAmarok and tell people to update their feed
readers
- redirect the s9y feed address to the new one if somehow possible via .htaccess

This way we would get rid of the honestly very unprofessional looking
s9y problem.

Cheers
Lydia

PS: I am still looking for someone to get me a db dump for the forum.

--
Lydia Pintscher
Amarok community manager