SoU

Téo Mrnjavac teo.mrnjavac at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 19:45:18 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 6:16 PM, Fabio Crestoni<fabio.crestoni at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm Fabio a student working on the Amarok project for Season of
> Usability and I met some of you on Amrok IRC chat last week.
> As you know, a lot of issues on the playlist have already been
> explored from Celeste, and they have been already put on the list of
> Amarok's roadmap; since the new release is scheduled for
> october/november I can test some nightly build in the university
> usability lab,  and I would like to ask you which are the topic of
> your interest.
> Teo told us that the current UI is only for testing and will be redone
> from scratch, so I could make some heuristic evaluations of UI scratch
> and submit my own mokup.
Hello!
Just to clarify, the only part of the UI that I planned to redo soon
as part of my GSoC project is the playlist sorting thing, basically
replacing the [combobox] [+] [-] sorting bar with a more
breadcrumb-like widget. However nothing has been decided a priori and
if you have good ideas about the sorting GUI (and also about other
playlist stuff), I'd gladly see what I can do with them. Anyway, I
expect to start working on the sorting GUI next week if all goes well
so I'd like it if you could give us at least something preliminary by
then.

Cheers
Téo