Equalizer support in Amarok - patch

Artur Szymiec artur.szymiec at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 12:50:02 CEST 2009

Greetings,

so here it is: for the first time on Amiga ...
..... uhmm I beg your pardon for that - seems that these days are gone
long ago and it was so hot week that my brain cocked up a bit ;)

Anyway yes - for the first time Amarok 2.0 have an equalizer !  Actually
on my desk right now but I hope it will spread soon :).
7 hard working days to bring it on so I hope U will enjoy despite if
it's not perfect.

How to use it:
- patch should apply cleanly to the current svn version. So build as
usual and install.
- this patch require a latest phonon svn (with added by me equalizer
functionality) - so grab it compile and install anywhere you want.
Without it equalizer will stay disabled.
- if decided to install phonon to custom directory execute Amarok with:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=path_to_phonon_install_dir/lib:
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH;amarok
- it will only work with xine backend (until somebody will add an
equalizer support for other backends like gstreamer etc.)

Current issues:
- equalizer presets where imported from previous Amarok series with
small adjustments to prevent clipping noise
- because equalizer code in phonon is quite different from that in xine
lib in 1.4 series we need to find a good default presets that doesn't
cause a clipping - any volunteers ?
  (Actually the code is adopted from audacious player - the reason why
in Audacious clipping doesn't occur with pretty much same setting for
same
   audio clip is under my investigation. Whatever it can be resolved I'm
not sure about it - there are so many differences between xine and
audacious starting
   from different decoder code to internal data handling format - int vs
float).

Basically that's all for start.

Any comments and feedback welcome.

Best regards

Artur Szymiec

Omnes Vulnerant Postuma Necat ...
Registered User No 397465
GNU/Linux Linux 2.6.28-12-generic x86_64
(K)/(U)buntu 9.04