2.2 and an Amarok Sprint

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Wed Jan 28 09:09:56 CET 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 3:17 AM, Jeff Mitchell <mitchell at kde.org> wrote:
> If we wanted to do it in Boston I could try to see if there are MIT
> facilities open to us. Probably not for lodging though.
> --Jeff
>
> On Jan 27, 2009, at 10:07 AM, Leo Franchi <lfranchi at kde.org> wrote:
>
> On 27 Jan 2009, at 15:46, O wrote:
>
> Sprint in London? I'm up for it.
>
> I can try to host it, but need to figure out how. I'm living in a UCL
> dorm... so i don't have any room at all. That was partially the point of the
> mail, to see who was interested in hosting it.
> leo
> ---
> Leo Franchi (650) 704 3680
> Tufts University 2010
> lfranchi at kde.org
> leonardo.franchi at tufts.edu

I like the suggestions of both London and MIT (that last one I always
wanted to visit).
Flying to the easy coast of the USA form Europe is pretty cheap right now.

I could propose to do it in Belgium, same location as Akademy. But
then I would need time to organize, which I don't have with my current
job. Overall travel would probably be more expensive because I'm the
only local participant. We do have the local team from Akademy that
could help us though, the labs at the campus are still available, at
least in the weekends or when there are no classes.

But really I'm not gonna volunteer ATM because it seems like we have
other options.

I like the Iceland suggestion. Even though it's an obvious joke,
because of there immense inflation it's dirt cheap to go on a holiday
there. But no local organization...

And how about informing about the offer KDAB made last year (hi Till)?
We can certainly use the an API review, which they can do. Berlin is a
good option to travel to and an amazing city (or so I hear).

Bart