2.2 and an Amarok Sprint

Myriam Schweingruber schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch
Tue Jan 27 23:41:02 CET 2009

Hi all,

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 20:02, Ian Monroe <ian.monroe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen
> <admin at leinir.dk> wrote:
>> Tuesday 27 January 2009 skrev Leo Franchi:
>>>
>>> I can try to host it, but need to figure out how. I'm living in a UCL
>>> dorm... so i don't have any room at all. That was partially the point
>>> of the mail, to see who was interested in hosting it.
>>>
>>> leo
>>
>>  London does sound like a good plan in general - it's somewhere that isn't
>> particularly expensive or difficult for anybody to get to (even if the e.V. is
>> willing to pay our way, we'd still have to put the money down before we can
>> get them reimbursed and such, and there really is no reason to dry the e.V. up
>> anyway ;) )
>
> In what alternate universe is London not particularly expensive? :D

London is, but there are other locations in the UK, by far less
expensive than the capital

> Here's a wiki page we made when discussion the same subject two years
> ago. It might still be a bit relevant:
> http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Meeting_2007/Locations
>
> One thing thats changed since 2007 is that we aren't so European
> biased, we're more equal on each side of the pond. Iceland then? ;)

Well, the problems with the US still are the visa requirements and the
mandatory fingerprint registering for non-US citizens. Some might not
have the required passports for the visa-waiver program and have to
apply for visa which can be quite long and annoying. Also, not
everybody is keen to be treated like a criminal when traveling to the
States. Let's hope the Obama administration will change these
ridiculous requirements ASAP.

Greets

Myriam

--
Protect your freedom and join the Fellowship of FSFE for 2009:
http://www.fsfeurope.org/2009