Endorsement

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Tue Jan 27 22:47:58 CET 2009

Heya,

I was pondering the voting stuff and decided to follow the American
tradition of giving a public "Endorsement" [1]. This does not have any
legal relevance, but is meant for your consideration as good advice
for choosing board members.

* Seb Ruiz

Seb has been with the Amarok project for a long time. Indisputably,
Seb is extremely loyal to our project, which he has shown by his
persistent dedication. Seb Ruiz sports a number of qualities that I
greatly appreciate. Among these are technical competence, a great
focus on detail, humor, and social skills. Seb has my full trust. I
feel that he represents much of the original spirit of our project.

* Ian Monroe

Ian also has been with Amarok for quite a while. Similar to Seb, his
dedication is hardly disputable. Ian does have different qualities
from Seb, but shares the technical competence and the humor. Two
qualities that I appreciate especially from Ian are his honesty and
his "getting things done" attitude. I also feel that Ian fully
understands and acts what is important to Amarok.

Last not least I would also like to recommend myself for the board. My
qualities are obvious I think. I do also sport a number of well known
disadvantages, among which are impatience, aggressiveness, and perhaps
a perceived lack of social finesse. Some of these issues I have been
trying to improve, and I'm actively working on improving them further.
Believe it or not, but people can change, especially if there is a
will. You be the judge.

Further on we have a number of people that I greatly appreciate, among
which are Leinir, Nikolaj, Lydia, Leo, Bart, and Jeff. I'm pretty sure
that these people are also good candidates for our board.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_endorsement

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer