Summary of board- and voting-related discussions, and what comes next

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 17:18:20 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 7:14 AM, Nikolaj Hald Nielsen
<nhnfreespirit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Personally I feel that last years GSoC students ( at least the ones
> still active ) deserve a vote. This is somewhat less than 1 year but
> many of them has already put in a non trivial amount of work, attended
> Akademy and other conferences, ...
>
> - Nikolaj

I think the calendar year requirement is very important. Partly just
for the look of things: if we have people less then a year become
members based on their great involvement, then it does start to be
more of a thing for cool kids. It implicitily implies that if you're
not member you don't have great involvement.

So before anyone applies and it becomes awkward, I'll just declare
that I likely won't be voting for any new voting members (unless
someone slipped through the cracks in the initial member list).

Ian