2.2 and an Amarok Sprint

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Tue Jan 27 14:01:02 CET 2009

Hi all,

I've been throwing around the idea of doing an Amarok sprint for a
while. I think it would be a really good idea to get us all in a room
for 2 days with some whiteboards, we could really get a lot of
planning done that will serve us well in the future.

I think it makes the most logical sense to have a sprint after we
release 2.1, as we will be able to focus on starting from a clean
state (whether that be new features, massive stability/performance,
whatever). Also, as it takes a while to plan a new sprint, it's  not
feasible to do it any sooner :) So maybe we could do something like
release amarok 2.1 in a few months (march or april?) and have this
sprint in april or may.

So what do you guys think? Is the idea of a sprint good? We would also
need somewhere to organize it, and a way to find local sponsors (if
possible). I know the e.V. is onboard and is willing to provide travel
costs, but it would be cool to get local sponsoring too. I can't
provide the location for obvious reasons, but am willing to do any
organizational/communication work needed.

leo

---
Leo Franchi				(650) 704 3680
Tufts University 2010