Amarok Switching to Git: IRC Meeting (the getting stuff done thread)

Dan Meltzer parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 17:21:16 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Ian Monroe <ian.monroe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 9:13 AM, Ian Monroe <ian.monroe at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'd like to propose an IRC meeting at Monday Jan 26th at 19:00 UTC in
>> #amarok.meeting.
>> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=1&day=26&year=2009&hour=12&min=0&sec=0&p1=75
>>
>> Feel free to speak up if this is a bad time for you and you'd like to
>> attend. We can change it around.
>>
>> The agenda is basically to get sorted what needs to be done and who
>> can do it. I'll have a more specific agenda before the meeting. :)
>>
>> I'm CCing kde-i18n-doc since a big part of what needs to be done is
>> hack on scripty.
>>
>> Ian
>
> Just a reminder of the meeting that its going to be in about 4 hours
> in #amarok.meetting on Freenode.
>
> The basic agenda is:
> * Working on Scripty
> * sysadmins?
> * Scripty
> * Phonon
> * Scripty
> * create our own IRC channel?
> * And maybe we'll talk about Scripty

Other things that I think need to be covered at the meeting (that I'm
unable to attend :( )

* Documentation (The "kde approved" method of using git-- including
creating/using/hosting personal repositories, cleaning up local "work
in progress" commits before merging to the world (to hopefully
eliminate the mass of "fix compile" and "this looks nicer" commits
that make it into official sources... so that bisecting is at least
kind of feasible), and how to migrate from a centralized svn workflow
to a decentralized git workflow, without losing productivity in doing
so.  I feel this documentation all needs to exist before any migration
is thought about, or things will get really messy really fast.

Dan,