iTunes database importer patch

Dan Meltzer parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 22:09:28 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 12:43 PM, Jonny Heggheim <hegjon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, since I'm moving  from iTunes at Windows to amarok at Linux, I want to
> migrate my collection.
> Since the iTunes database contains the file path on my Windows
> machine, I have to change them to the new location in my home folder.
> The PropertyList structure in XML is painful to parse, so if someone
> knows a library please tell me, or I'm going to make a small library
> myself.
>
> This is my first patch, please review it. I have tried to respect the
> code formatting, but I'm not sure if its followed everywhere.

Hi, I'll leave comments on the implementation to someone more familiar
with the db importer and the itunes format, but in terms of style:

* See HACKING/intro_and_style.txt
* else blocks should be on their own line
*  no need for braces around single line if/else blocks
* Why is m_musicFolderLabel member variables? They seem to only be
accessed in the constructor.

* m_musicFolderLabel could probably use some disambiguation as far as
the text goes.  It's confusing to me about whether it refers to the
source location or the destination location.