Discussion on voting systems

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 20:43:13 CET 2009

My main concern with the bonus vote scheme is that
months_of_active_contribution  is damn hard to calculate. Some people
have been with the project forever but has hardly contributed anything
recently, some have come and gone and so on.

I personally think that a simple system with 1 vote per person should
work. The people with most seniority will always have the greatest say
in the direction of development, but being a long time developer does
not automatically make you the best person to manage funds and such.

- Nikolaj