KDE-Nightly (NEON) and self-built Amarok

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Fri Jan 16 08:57:42 CET 2009

Hi all,

I wanted to ask if any of you users or developers are using this
combination of Amarok and KDE, as explained in the subject. Here's my
configuration:

* KDE-Nightly from Project NEON [1]
* Amarok SVN built in $HOME, following my own guide [2]

The problem:

Most of Amarok's Internet Services (Ampache, Shoutcast Directory,
Last.fm) fail to work, due to KIO failing during http transfer of
data. Debugging output looks like this:

amarok: BEGIN: void ShoutcastServiceQueryMaker::genreDownloadComplete(KJob*)
amarok:    [ERROR!] 143
amarok:    [ERROR!] "The process for the http://www.shoutcast.com
protocol died unexpectedly."
amarok: END__: void
ShoutcastServiceQueryMaker::genreDownloadComplete(KJob*) - Took
0.00044s

I can't make head nor tail of this issue, especially since KIO works
_fine_ in Dolphin and Konqueror, in the the same KDE session.

Do any of you have similar problems, or maybe even ideas?

[1] http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/User:Apachelogger/Project_Neon
[2] http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/833-Installing-Amarok-2-from-SVN-in-your-home-directory.html

--
Mark Kretschmann