extragear/multimedia/amarok/src

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Tue Jan 13 09:43:00 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 8:40 AM, Maximilian Kossick
<maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Why was this committed without proper support for database updates in
> SqlCollection? I nearly freaked out when I saw the upgradeVersion1to2
> method in DatabaseUpdater. Does anybody here remember the mess that is
> A1's database update code? Do we really want to start down the same
> path again?

A also don't want the upgrade mess again. However, I've added db
upgrade functions like you describe to the SqlPodcasts because there
was no upgrade framework in place. The DatabaseUpdater seems to be
limited to support SqlCollection only, yet we store a lot more then
the basic meta types in the database. So we need a more generic
database-updater. I have investigated the problem, but realized I need
more knowledge and experience for something like that. I must say I
really like the system quassel uses, but that is radically different.