Ipod slowness

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Tue Jan 13 07:32:16 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 4:08 AM, Seb Ruiz <ruiz at kde.org> wrote:
> Hey xevix,
> It seems that on Amarok startup, if there are any playlist tracks that
> are from the ipod, instead of reading the ipod db, the actual file
> metadata is read and is waaay slow. This is especially the case if you
> have a few thousand ipod tracks in the playlist. Could you please take
> a look at this?

We have a similar issue with service tracks, e.g. from Ampache. For
each item in the playlist trackForUrl() is called, which can easily
make Amarok take several minutes to start with a big playlist.

I don't know if these two issues are directly related. For the issue I
mentioned, someone (Casey I think) was working on a solution. A status
update on that would be nice.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer