[Fwd: Re: Support "album artist" and "artist sort" in TagLib::Tag interface?]

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Sun Jan 11 20:43:35 CET 2009

On Saturday 10 January 2009 21:52:49 Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Might it make sense at some point to do what Songbird does and package
> our own Taglib?
>
> It would certainly help with bug fixes.  Taglib hasn't been released
> since January, despite many bug fixes in trunk...not to mention patches
> like these that might be useful to us as well.

I'd have thought we should try to see if Scott will release an updated version
first, before we start going down the route of including copies of our
dependencies...

While including dependencies is expected on Windows and MacOS, it tends to
just cause problems on Linux, and I'm not sure packagers would appreciate it
particularly.

Alex