Report from incorporation research committee

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Thu Jan 8 13:19:09 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 1:06 AM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 1:01 AM, Erik Hovland <erik at hovland.org> wrote:
>>> The primary concern with the SFC is both the reimbursement time (the
>>> SFLC is their day job, they do this on the side I think) and the fact
>>> that we'd no longer be able to loan money prior to the person spending
>>> it.
>>
>> I don't see this second issue as a concern. It makes it a lot easier to track
>> expenses when those expenses are reimbursed and a document trail exists.
>
> Well it is a big issue if people like me can't attend conferences and
> other events due to not being able to pay for them in advance even if
> they will get reimbursed later. And I am not the only one in that
> situation.

Yes, I fully agree with your concern. Considering that many of our
contributors are students, or for whatever reason don't have a big
financial budget, this could be a huge problem.

Regularly this becomes a problem with the KDE e.V.; e.g. there have
been conferences that I was unable to attend for this reason.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer