Configurable layout in Kopete

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Tue Feb 24 09:17:06 CET 2009

2009/2/24 Roman Jarosz <kedgedev at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to ask you if you could change some things in layout
> classes to make it more standalone, the classes which I use in Kopete
> (and would like to use without any/or small changes) are DragStack.h,
> FilenameLayoutWidget.h, Token.h, TokenListWidget.h and TokenWithLayout.h)
>
> Here are the things which I would like you to change:
> 1. In TokenListWidget please remove filenamelayoutdialog.h (it's unused)
> 2. Could "application/x-amarok-tag-token" be runtime configurable or
>      at least be in one place?
> 3. Could you use DragStack instead of LayoutEditWidget in TokenWithLayout
>      as LayoutEditWidget calls DragStack anyway.
>      (at first looks this shouldn't be a problem)
>
> The code is:
>       // this should really not be done here as it makes upward assumptions
>       // it was however done in setWidth with similar upward assumptions as
> well
>       // solution: the popup stuff -iff- should be done in the dialog or
> the
> editWidget
>       if ( parentWidget() )
>       if ( Playlist::LayoutEditWidget *editWidget =
> qobject_cast<Playlist::LayoutEditWidget*>( parentWidget()->parentWidget()
> ) )
>
> 4. There is also Amarok specific Debug.h include, would be great if you
>      could avoid this but I can live with it.

Hi Roman,
Good to know that you're using our code. I can't see any reason to not
make the above changes where relevant and appropriate. However, if
you're already working with it, then it would be best if you could
simply send a patch which addresses these issues (as you've probably
already made these changes locally).

Cheers,
Seb

> Regards,