Making releases

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 23:20:01 CET 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Erik Hovland <erik at hovland.org> wrote:
>>> But I guess we might want to accept the
>>> reality that Amarok is easily the largest user of this project and so Kent
>>> is more likely to just eventually accept Amarok's changes in the end. If you do
>>> the last, I am more then likely to rebase my git tree on your repo instead of
>>> Kent's.
>>
>> You make it sound pretty dramatic. I think the only difference between
>> our tree and Kent's is a couple of fixes for opensolaris that he
>> hasn't merged and the cmake files.
>
> I still have 4 bugs filed in the bug tracker at code.google.com that have
> had no traction in quite a few months. I haven't submitted them to you
> because I prefer them to go upstream. I would likely submit them to
> you instead of upstream if you went for your own git repo.
>
> And as far as drama, it was not intended to incite any. But what I
> said is likely
> accurate.

I don't have the expertise to fix bugs in qscriptgenerator. And Kent
has been fixing bugs, the last one I reported was fixed within a week.
So I still don't follow.

And I do have my own git repo. And of course our own SVN repo. (I use
the git repo to do the merging and then just cp -R over to SVN). So
there's no lack of repos!

Ian