Making releases

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Sat Feb 21 21:02:35 CET 2009

>> But I guess we might want to accept the
>> reality that Amarok is easily the largest user of this project and so Kent
>> is more likely to just eventually accept Amarok's changes in the end. If you do
>> the last, I am more then likely to rebase my git tree on your repo instead of
>> Kent's.
>
> You make it sound pretty dramatic. I think the only difference between
> our tree and Kent's is a couple of fixes for opensolaris that he
> hasn't merged and the cmake files.

I still have 4 bugs filed in the bug tracker at code.google.com that have
had no traction in quite a few months. I haven't submitted them to you
because I prefer them to go upstream. I would likely submit them to
you instead of upstream if you went for your own git repo.

And as far as drama, it was not intended to incite any. But what I
said is likely
accurate.

Erik Hovland
erik at hovland.org