feature freeze

Dan Meltzer parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 07:17:39 CET 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 1:15 AM, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 1:47 PM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
>>> Heya :)
>>>
>>> What do you think about a feature freeze in 3 weeks? If this causes
>>> problems for anyone please speak up now.
>>
>> I'm all for it! Except that I would even prefer 2 weeks. That's
>> because our feature list is already impressive, but our bugs list is
>> daunting, and our regressions are painful. So I think 2 weeks make a
>> good compromise.
>>

>> PS:
>> We've never been too anal about the freeze. If someone wants to add a
>> button here or a mini addition there, we can still talk about it after
>> the freeze, IMHO. That makes the "freeze" a lot less scary than it
>> could be, I find.
>
> So, can we get a decision on this? If not, I would simply say "Let's
> start to go into feature freeze mode now, without being too anal about
> it in the beginning." This would translate directly to: Focus more on
> bugs, less on features.

I'm fine with 2 or 3 weeks.  The only thing that I know of thats still
floating around that might be drop worthy (that we talked about on irc
today..) is the acoustic fingerprinting stuff.  If we don't hear back
from Soren by next weekend I'd say we could freeze then, if we do hear
back I'd like a week or so to see about getting it merged...