Amarok and Systemanager Crash

Mario Young mayeco at kdemail.net
Sun Feb 15 06:37:26 CET 2009

Hello Guys,

I finally fix this..

how I did it. I delete this file
/home/kde-devel/kde/share/apps/libphonon/hardwaredatabase

Now I can run amarok and systemsettings smoothly

the assert in KDE/kdebase/runtime/phonon/libkaudiodevicelist/hardwaredatabase.cpp
is not making the crash becouse the function createCache is not call
it anymore.

const QString dbFileName = KStandardDirs::locate("data",
QLatin1String("libphonon/hardwaredatabase")); <- is not found
if (dbFileName.isEmpty()) {
        // no database, we're useless
        return; <- now return and dont make the crash in createCache
}

Why my computer phonon dont work if the file hardwaredatabase is installed?

Can somebody tell me what is the function of the file hardwaredatabase?

OK, hope you guys understand what happend here and maybe this is a
phonon bug or something

Regards,

Mario

http://mayeco.org/

--------
Nota: No tengo BlackBerry(R) respondo desde mi PC.

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 10:51 PM, Mario Young <mayeco at kdemail.net> write: