Crash during playback

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Sat Feb 14 13:00:13 CET 2009

On Saturday 14 February 2009 11:31:26 Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Alex Merry <kde at randomguy3.me.uk> wrote:
> > In fact, Qt 4.5 in qt-copy (unpatched) has a null pixmap check in the
> > QPainter::drawPixmap(QRectF,QPixmap,QRectF) method.  So I don't think
> > you've fixed the issue, since as far as I can see your check is
> > effectively a no-op.
>
> FWIW, I'm using Qt 4.4.

Well, Qt 4.4 still has a null pixmap check in QPainter::drawPixmap, but
QPixmap sometimes claims it isn't null when it is (I patched qt-copy, but the
patch never made it into Qt 4.4 mainline as far as I'm aware, because I
submitted the bug too late).  So your commit still has no effect.  But I don't
think a null pixmap was the cause of the crash anyway.

In this case, I'm pretty sure the crash happened in another thread.

Alex

--
Why have I got six monitors?  Because I haven't got room for eight.
  -- Terry Pratchett