Crash during playback

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Sat Feb 14 12:19:34 CET 2009

On Saturday 14 February 2009 10:54:20 Alex Merry wrote:
> On Saturday 14 February 2009 09:24:37 Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 9:49 AM, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org>
>
> wrote:
> > Fixed it. Problem was a missing isNull() check on a QPixmap that was
> > being rendered. However, one has to wonder why QPainter does not do
> > this check internally...
>
> It should do (I've run into this sort of problem before, although in that
> case QPainter _was_ doing the check, but QPixmap was lying).  That sounds
> like a Qt bug to me.

In fact, Qt 4.5 in qt-copy (unpatched) has a null pixmap check in the
QPainter::drawPixmap(QRectF,QPixmap,QRectF) method.  So I don't think you've
fixed the issue, since as far as I can see your check is effectively a no-op.

The crash does happen when Qt is fetching the pixmap from the X server (in a
QBrush), but the fact that it is happening inside select() is a bit weird.  It
makes me think that you maybe pasted the wrong thread - normally, if a thread
is in select(), it means it's waiting for something.  I suspect one of the
other threads caused the crash.

Do you have the rest of the backtrace (ie: all the other threads)?  And do you
have a record of what signal it crashed on?

Alex

--
Why have I got six monitors?  Because I haven't got room for eight.
  -- Terry Pratchett