extragear/multimedia/amarok

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Tue Feb 3 19:23:03 CET 2009

>> Now, do you still think the KDE 4.2 requirement is not going to lose
>> us contributors and users?
> I fail to see how users from an old version of one distro are that
> important to the testing community.

Then you fail to see the importance of the majority of the testers out there.
Most users are not using the latest versions of distros (which I might add,
no currently released distro supports Amarok trunk out of the box now).

Now if you want more testers you will have to hold their hands and do way
more encouraging then actual developing or bug fixing.

> I want 8.04 4.2 packages for my box at work and won't upgrade it to
> 8.10 just to get them. So I'll probably end up just compiling 4.2.x.
> A pain? For sure. End of the world? I think not.

But as you say, it is not the end of the world.

Erik Hovland
erik at hovland.org
http://hovland.org/