Feature Freeze soonish?

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Tue Feb 3 08:53:34 CET 2009

Hi all,

while we don't have a real release schedule for 2.1 yet, I'd like to
start the discussions by proposing to go into "feature freeze" mode
soon.

I think that we already have a great number of really impressive
features for 2.1 - enough for one release. Our aim should now be to
get these cool features stable and reliable. Also, our bug report list
still is pretty daunting currently. Focusing a bit on bug fixing
really can't hurt, is what I'm thinking.

A short overview of some of the major new features we already have in trunk:

* New "Context View" with much better usability
* ReplayGain support
* Customizable playlist
* Cue sheet support
* Enhanced Last.fm service